Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Connecting JBL Bluetooth

Today, I connected my JBL Flip 2 Bluetooth speaker to my computer.

I started by charging the device and then turning it on using the power button in the center of the top.

Next, I clicked the Bluetooth icon on the Flip 2. Next I went to Start -> Devices and Printers -> Add a Device. And added the JBL Flip 2. The computer did some grinding.

I next did Start -> Control Panel -> Sound. (You can get to the same place by right-clicking the speaker icon in the notification area and selecting Playback Devices.

At this point, the sound was still coming out of the computer speakers. I disabled the computer speakers and they disappeared. A Google Search told me that I could right click on one of the other devices and select Show Disabled Devices.

The solution seems to be to set the Bluetooth Hands Free Audio as the default device.

There is one other communication device that I am not sure of right now. I am guessing that this is my Bluetooth Behind the Head headphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment